Saturday, 10 May 2014

Some Goodies


Wheeee! New makeup! When Ms Edgeley went to New York recently I begged her to bring me back some makeup, as it's so much cheaper in the US than it is here. So I was very happy to get my hands on this Smashbox Full Exposure palette, and a YSL Rouge Pur Couture Mat lipstick in Rouge Rock. For my eyes, I really wanted some neutral colours to play around with and I like that there are both the warmer browns and beiges in this palette as well as the cooler colours. I'm not particularly into shimmery stuff but all the reviews I have read say that the glittery colours (the top row) are not very strong so maybe they will just add a touch of glam for the evening.

The lipstick is lovely, it doesn't have as much staying power as a MAC matt one (I usually wear Russian Red) but I've been applying it over the top and then just re-applying the YSL during the day and it is much more moisturising on my lips. I think the packaging looks pretty elegant as well, which is one of the drawbacks of MAC which really resemble a bullet.


Another thing that arrived from overseas was this pattern. It's Simplicity 4530, a shirt pattern from 1953 with the sleeves and collar cut in one with the shirt body.


There's the option of short cuffed sleeves or three-quarter sleeves gathered into a cuff. Two darts and the front and back waist. The collar  is quite unusual as at the back it sort of overlaps itself - you can see it on The Makings of an Urban Rustic. Hopefully I can find some time soon to have a go at sewing if for myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment